All the links to affiliates, ads etc on my blog generate income. I donate 100% of ALL income to various charities. So buy books using links on my blog - they cost you no more - but the affiliate fee I receive is donated to various charities (to see which charities visit http://messcharityrun.blogspot.com.au/)

Tuesday 23 July 2013

2013 Man Booker Prize Longlist

The judges have just announced the longlist for this year's Man Booker Prize

Tash Aw - Five Star Billionaire
NoVoilet Bulawayo - We Need New Names
Eleanor Catton - The Luminaries
Jim Crace - Harvest
Eve Harris - The Marrying of Chani Kaufman
Richard House - The Kills
Jhumpa Lahiri - The Lowland
Alison MacLeod - Unexploded
Colum McCann - TransAtlantic
Charlotte Mendelson - Almost English
Ruth Ozeki - A Tale for the Time Being
Donal Ryan - The Spinning Heart
Colm Toibin - The Testament of Mary

I have that many unread novels piling up on my shelves it may be a case of awaiting the shortlist this year before I get busy (but them again, knowing myself I won't be able to resist the urge to add a further 13 books to the shelves). My thoughts on the ones I do get to will of course be posted here.

1 comment:

Mary Okeke Reviews said...

WOW NoVoilet Bulawayo - We Need New Names was longlisted. I hope she wins. I look forwrad to reading her novel.