All the links to affiliates, ads etc on my blog generate income. I donate 100% of ALL income to various charities. So buy books using links on my blog - they cost you no more - but the affiliate fee I receive is donated to various charities (to see which charities visit http://messcharityrun.blogspot.com.au/)

Thursday 12 March 2015

Independent Foreign Fiction Prize 2015 Longlist

So the fifteen longlisted titles for the 2015 Independent Foreign Fiction Prize have been announced and that can only mean one thing. Plenty of reading ahead.

Here at Messybooker we have read and reviewed three of the longlist (links in the title will take you to my reviews):

"F" by Daniel Kehlmann (translated by Carol Brown Janeway) 


"Boyhood Island" by Karl Ove Knausgaard (tr Don Bartlett)

I reviewed this work under the US title "My Struggle: Book Three" - same book, same translator, different publisher

"Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage" by Haruki Murakami (tr Philip Gabriel)


The remaining twelve works I do intend to get to between now and the announcement of the shortlist but that could be a big ask, given I only own two others and my library has one of the remaining twelve. I now rely on the postage system (and my wallet of course) for the other nine to arrive!!!

"The Ravens" by Tomas Bannerhed (tr Sarah Death)



"Tiger Milk" by Stefanie De Velasco (tr Tim Mohr)



"The End Of Days" by Jenny Erpenbeck (tr Susan Bernofsky)


"Bloodlines" by Marcello Fois (tr Silvester Mazzarella)



"In The Beginning Was The Sea" by Tomas Gonzalez (tr Frank Wynne)



"The Dead Lake" by Hamid Ismailov (tr Andrew Bromfield)


"By Night The Mountain Burns" by Juan Tomas Avila Laurel (tr Jethro Soutar)



"The Investigation" by J.M. Lee (tr Chi-Young Kim)



"While The Gods Were Sleeping" by Erwin Mortier (tr Paul Vincent)


"The Giraffe's Neck" by Judith Schalansky (tr Shaun Whiteside)


"Look Who's Back" by Vernes Timur (tr Jamie Bulloch)



"The Last Lover" by Can Xue (tr Annelise Finegan)



Already I have one that I favour above the other two I have read, but there are thousands of pages that await - best get reading!!!

Tomorrow I will be back to introduce the other Shadow Jury members who will be reviewing these works along with myself - let's hope we find a worthy winner for you!!!

No comments: