All the links to affiliates, ads etc on my blog generate income. I donate 100% of ALL income to various charities. So buy books using links on my blog - they cost you no more - but the affiliate fee I receive is donated to various charities (to see which charities visit http://messcharityrun.blogspot.com.au/)

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Pulitzer Prize Winner and Finalists 2013 & Women's Prize for Fiction Shortlist 2013

At roughly the same time as the horrific events unfolded at the end of the Boston Marathon, the Pulizter Prize Board was announcing the various Finalists and Winners.

Unlike 2012 where no Fiction Winner was announced (with three finalists) this year there was a winner:

The Orphan Master's Son - Adam Johnson (winner)

The Finalists were:

What We Talk About When We Talk About Anne Frank - Nathan Englander
The Snow Child - Eowyn Ivey

For more details visit the Pulitzer website at http://www.pulitzer.org/ where you can also see the Journalism and other winners and finalists in the Drama, Letters and Music catergories.

Since my Pulitzer post I have also sourced the Women's Prize for Fiction Shortlist (announced on the same day), this prize used to be known as the Orange Prize. For those who are interested in the shortlist I have edited my original post to include it:

Life After Life - Kate Atkinson
May We Be Forgiven - A M Homes
Flight Behavious - Barbara Kingsolver
Bring Up The Bodies - Hilary Mantel
Where'd You Go, Bernadette - Maria Semple
NW - Zadie Smith

No comments: