All the links to affiliates, ads etc on my blog generate income. I donate 100% of ALL income to various charities. So buy books using links on my blog - they cost you no more - but the affiliate fee I receive is donated to various charities (to see which charities visit http://messcharityrun.blogspot.com.au/)

Thursday 11 April 2013

Independent Foreign Fiction Prize Shortlist 2013



Here's the shortlist just announced. As per the IMPAC Dublin Literary Award I will do my best to get through these and post my thoughts here.

The Detour - Gerbrand Bakker
Bundu - Chris Barnard
Trieste - Daša Drndić
The Fall of the Stone City - Ismail Kadare
Traveller of the Century - Andrés Neuman
Dublinesque - Enrique Vila-Matas


I had read only one of the novels that made the long list ("HHhH" by Laurence Binet) and if last year's prize is anything to go by I am in for an exciting few weeks/months catching up on all these new shortlisted novels.

No comments: