All the links to affiliates, ads etc on my blog generate income. I donate 100% of ALL income to various charities. So buy books using links on my blog - they cost you no more - but the affiliate fee I receive is donated to various charities (to see which charities visit http://messcharityrun.blogspot.com.au/)

Sunday 8 July 2012

Why the links to Book Depository?

As you'd know blogs can potentially earn referral monies for ads featured in the content. Generally only when people click on the link of course. In the case of my blog you would have noticed new links to the UK site Book Depository. Of course if you were to use one of those links and make a purchase I would receive some cash payment.

Here's the deal though. Each and every month I will name a charity, generally, but not exclusively, linked to literacy, and ALL monies raised through my affiliation with Book Depository will be donated to that charity. (I will post the earnings on my blog at the end of a review each month - with a screen shot of my earnings for full transparency purposes).

In July I am personally participating in two events so will split the earnings between the two.

Dry July, where I've pledged to have no alcohol for the month, people sponsor me to get through this monumental challenge and it is to raise funds for the Royal Melbourne Hospital adult cancer patients wards. More details of that event can be found here -  www.dryjuly.com or donate at https://www.dryjuly.com/team/djerscgu

As a few of you know in March my sister in law died after suffering an asthma attack, leaving behind four kids aged 8 through 14. As a result I am running the 10km event (YES 10 kilometres!!!!) at Run Melbourne to raise funds for the Asthma Foundation of Victoria. They have, for over 40 years provided advice, counselling, education and training to people with asthma, their carers, Health Professionals, First Aiders and the community. To sponsor me on this event go to http://runmelbourne.everydayhero.com.au/tony_messenger_8 


In August I'll donate all earnings to the Australian Literacy and Numeracy Foundation through their Wall of Hands Campaign. More details of the work that they do to close the indigenous literacy gap throughout local communities can be found at www.wallofhands.com.au

So if you already use Book Depository can I please encourage you to add an extra click to your journey and go to their homepage to purchase via my blog as the above worthy events will all benefit from your purchases. Any of my followers please feel free to let me know of any charities that you would like me to add to the list as I'm more than happy to do so and of course let your friends know that they can shop and support a charity at the same time.

. Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

No comments: