All the links to affiliates, ads etc on my blog generate income. I donate 100% of ALL income to various charities. So buy books using links on my blog - they cost you no more - but the affiliate fee I receive is donated to various charities (to see which charities visit http://messcharityrun.blogspot.com.au/)

Monday 16 April 2012

'Independent' Foreign Fiction Prize 2012

The "Independent" Foreign Fiction Prize is for a book (fiction or short stories) translated and published in the UK in the year before the award. The award is 10,000 pounds to be shared equally by the author and translator plus each receives a magnum of Tattinger Champagne. Nowhere near the value of the IMPAC Dublin's award of 100k euros, however an award I would like to get to as it will definitely broaden my horizons from the lists I generally tackle.


This year's shortlist was announced last week with the winners being announced on 14 May. I will attempt to get to these (after the IMPAC Dublin Literary Award) and will post my reviews here. The shortlist is:


Blooms of Darkness by Aharon Appelfeld
Alice by Judith Hermann
From the Mouth of the Whale by Sjón
The Prague Cemetery by Umberto Eco
New Finnish Grammar by Diego Marani
Dream of Ding Village by Yan Lianke


  • No comments: