All the links to affiliates, ads etc on my blog generate income. I donate 100% of ALL income to various charities. So buy books using links on my blog - they cost you no more - but the affiliate fee I receive is donated to various charities (to see which charities visit http://messcharityrun.blogspot.com.au/)

Sunday 14 August 2011

Collection update and 2011 Longlist

I'm quite excited - the first two of this year's 13 Booker longlisted novels arrived in the mail on Friday ("Pigeon English" by Stephen Kelman and "The Sense of an Ending" by Julian Barnes). The reading adventure is about to begin....

I also managed to get a copy of the inaugural winner P.H. Newby's "Something to Answer For" as well as picking up two second hand copies of previous shortlisted novels, John Fuller's "Flying to Nowhere" and Molly Keane's "Good Behaviour". That leaves me with 30 missing books before I can claim to have the full Booker Prize shortlist from day one in 1969.

Just finishing Iris Murdoch's "Bruno's Dream" from the 1970 shortlist, and I'll post a review here, before kicking of the challenge of getting through the whole 2011 longlist before the winner's announcment on October 18. Luckily I have annual leave from 1 October through 17 October.....so if the kids leave me alone it is an achievable goal......


No comments: